Welcome to my english class blog.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bionic Arm

Technology just keeps surprising me. Just look at this picture. This woman was victim in an accident, and her arm has been replaced with a bionic arm that right now is technology's best. There also has been a man who's both arms have been made bionic.
THE ARM'S FEATURES:
  • The clever limb picks up movements in muscles in her chest which have been connected to nerves that used to link up to her arm.
  • She can make the arm move just by thinking about it!
  • It's hoped that eventually the technology will be so good that Miss Mitchell will be able to feel things with her fake limb.

She told reporters in Chicago: "I can move my elbow up and down
and I can open and close my hand simply by thinking that that's what I want to
do."

With her old fake arm, she could only do one thing at a time -
either bend her arm or open her hand.

This new arm can make much more complicated movements.

In my opinion this is a very great advancement in technology that will benefit people that need it. It is also a sign that technology will keep growing to make our lives better. If you want to find more about the subject click here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel T. said...

Luigi, I think that that your post is very interesting because bionic arms are things that you could only see in movies. I really liked that you put the personal opinion because you let us know what you think. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home