Welcome to my english class blog.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Special Places

Hi. In the Teen Life Project Wiki I saw Anna (Mr. Fisher’s class) and Daniel B (Mr. Raisdana’s class) wrote: Do you have any special places where you and your friends can go and have fun? I have several places. I live in Cartagena, Colombia. It is next to the sea, so people often go to the beach. One bad thing, though, is that there are always lots of tourists. You see them walking down the streets like a herd of sheep. You recognize them because they often have socks while in sandals, and carry the towel around their necks.

I often go to El Campito to play soccer with my friends. You pay about $90,000 pesos (Colombian currency) and you play for an hour. Sometimes they give us a free hour. I used to play as a defense, but now most of the time I play as a goalkeeper. The person who most of the time organizes those hours is Miguel M. We usually play in the afternoon, although we also play in the night. After that we usually go to Andres S’s house.

We sometimes go to Club Cartagena, another place where we can play soccer. That court is a combined court of soccer/basketball.

When I want to play basketball, I take my basketball and walk a few blocks from my house to a court in front of a church. We call it “La Canchita”. I go and I meet lots of people there, and play with anyone who is playing.
Anyway, those are the places I usually go to. They are really fun places, and I imagine that people also go to places like that in Manitoba, Virginia, and Malaysia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home